PrimeCaptain is very concerned with ensuring our customers are fully covered in
complying with all of India's core and state legislation. All contest on our site
are closely intended to conform to the laws andlaws applied in India.
Below are the main highlights from the judgment of the Indian High Court
specifically regarding PrimeCaptain game. A challenge to this judgment was also
dismissed by the Supreme Court of India:
- The Court indicated in its decision that the playing the PrimeCaptain game
includes significant ability, judgment and choice, and that PrimeCaptain's
achievement comes from the practice, expertise, and awareness of users.
- In addition, the Court ruled that "the skill element" predominantly
influences the outcome of the PrimeCaptain game in the format that follows:
- Participants have to select a team that contains the same number of
players as a real team.(e.g. 11 in cricket/football , 7 in kabaddi
and 5 in basketball)
- All contests run for at least one full sport match.
- Participants are not allowed to change teams after the start of the
On this basis, the Court ruled that playing on PrimeCaptain is a ' skill game '
which leaves the PrimeCaptain game immune from the Public Gambling Act, 1867
- The Court concluded, finally, that the PrimeCaptain is a lawful company
under Article 19(1)(g) of theIndian Constitution.