King Kohli’s 100th Test Match
Kohli 100th Test Match. Since making his Test debut against the West Indies in 2011, V. Kohli has gone a long way as a cricketer. In the first encounter, the Delhi lad had a poor performance, scoring only 19 runs. Kohli is ready to play his 100th Test match in Mohali on March 4 after a decade-long journey.
Kohli has scored 7962 runs at a brilliant average of 50.39 in 99 Test matches. Kohli captained India in 68 Tests, winning 40 of them. His overall win percentage is 58.82 percent.
Nobody has scored as many hundreds in Test cricket as Kohli has in the first ten years. Kohli had his best year in 2016 when he scored 1215 runs in 12 Tests.
The best five-Test records are as follows:
- As a captain, Kohli has the second-most Test hundreds of any player. Only G. Smith (25) has a better time than him.
- Only Australia’s S. Smith has more century since his debut than the former Indian skipper, who has more than D. Warner, J. Root, and K. Williamson.
- The Indian squad led by V. Kohli has won 24 Test matches at home.
- Kohli is the Indian skipper with the most Test victories. India won 40 of their 68 matches under Kohli’s leadership.
- He became only the second cricketer to make two hundred in his Test captaincy debut, following G. Chappell.
Facts about V. Kohli’s 100th Test Match at Mohali:
- Kohli’s 71st international century, which he can tie with former Australian captain R. Ponting, will come at Mohali.
- In his 100th Test, no Indian batsman has ever scored a century. If Kohli scores a century in Mohali, he will be the first Indian batsman to do it.
- Kohli needs 38 more runs to enter the 8000-run club in Test cricket. Currently, he has 7962 runs.
After S. Tendulkar (200), R. Dravid (163), Laxman (134), A. Kumble (132), K. Dev (131), S. Gavaskar (125), D. Vengsarkar (116), S. Ganguly (113), I. Sharma (105), H. Singh (103), and V. Sehwag (103), Kohli will become the 11th Indian to play 100 Tests (103).
In his 100th Test, though, no Indian has ever scored a century. In the momentous 100th Test, only 9 guys have scored a century.
“I hope he celebrates his 100th Test with a 100,” Gavaskar observed, remembering that he was dismissed for 48 in his 109th Test. There aren’t many batsmen who can boast of such accomplishments. Colin Cowdrey, who is believed to be the first player to play 100 Test matches, hit a century in his 100th. J. Miandad is someone I know well.
?️?️ @imVkohli playing 100 Test matches is testimony to his hardwork and dedication towards the game: @Jaspritbumrah93 ?#TeamIndia | #INDvSL pic.twitter.com/6yh13WWkJ3
— BCCI (@BCCI) March 1, 2022
In a 180-degree turn, fans will be allowed up to 50% capacity inside the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium in Mohali for V. Kohli’s 100th Test match, which begins on Friday. On Tuesday evening, Jay Shah, the secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), stated that the former captain’s historic game will not be played in front of empty stands, as had been scheduled previously.
“V. Kohli’s 100th Test match would have no limits,” BCCI president S. Ganguly remarked. On the basis of government guidelines, the Indian Cricket Board requests that state associations open up. It complies with federal regulations.
“I’ve spoken with the PCA office bearers, and they have confirmed that cricket fans will be able to witness V. Kohli’s historic 100th Test match.”
In Mohali’s PCA Stadium, V. Kohli will play his 100th test match. The match will begin on March 4 against the island nation of Sri Lanka. V. Kohli’s 100th test match will also serve as the start of R. Sharma’s test captaincy career for India.
Join on India’s Leading Fantasy Sports App, Prime Captain Here!
Avail Exciting Offers and Win Big!